Quick Question…

Forum Archives Quick Question…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jessica 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jessica
    @jessica

Ok, got a question to ask. Well, a couple maybe, but it’s going to take someone that is a bit more than an amateur like myself.

So here is the deal….I need a waterproof drone, no ifs, ands or buts about it. My recreational lifestyle revolves around water, ice and snow, and as much as i love my Q500, The only place I feel I can fly it “safely” bores the crap out of me, and it scares the crap out of me to fly where I want to fly it. You know, like over a lake. I want to be fishing from my boat and feel safe having my drone just sitting up there 20-25 feet from me, and catching it all on camera….and do it stress free without that fear of hearing “kerplunk” behid me, or seeing it drop in the water in front of me. It may never happen…..but that fear and doubt will always be there.

So…..I may have a solution, if my idea is doable. But I need to know a few things first. First of all, I plan on staying with Yuneec. But I would like to ditch the body of the Q, and going with one from the Mariner Splash Drone. I am pretty decent at cutting up the inside of a drone body to make room for the Yuneec components and welding or gluing in any needed “supports” and such. Ok…l never did it before, but I know what I am capable of, and feel pretty confident I can do it.

Here is the Question……are the Yuneec motors basically “just a motor”? By this I mean is it the same as any other motor out there as far as being able to swap for an aftermarket motor? It’s just a motor, right? Not “married” per say to the rest of the components? If I want to replace the motors with 4 aftermarket waterproof ones, can I?

Second question…..the battery. I assume since we can use aftermarket batteries, there would be no problem if I just snip off the plug inside and went with a different one, I can use just any battery of of the same voltage. That way I can use a smaller aftermarket one. Am I correct to assume this?

I am 99.9% sure I can do this, and turn my Q500 into a 100% waterproof drone that can take of and land on water…..up until I get into the electronics of it. I can solder. So connecting things is not a problem. I just don’t know what I can safely connect without frying everything. I just want to pick up all the guts from out of the Q500 except the battery and motors…..then add a smaller batter and aftermarket waterproof motors. Does anyone with enough knowledge, know if I can do this? How about anyone in the drone business? One of you must know.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.